Portola Valley Homes and Real Estate Sales
Peninsula residents who are looking for a more relaxed lifestyle are often attracted to Portola Valley which offers proximity to employment hubs and urban centers yet retains a rural quality as guided by the town’s General Plan that is committed to retaining a peaceful residential community within the natural features of the area.
There are a variety of architectural styles but most homes are ranches or contemporaries with vast expanses of glass to embrace the tranquil natural surroundings.
Real Estate Market Facts
As with other Mid-Peninsula communities the Multiple Listing Service reported some strong home sale numbers for 2017 for Portola Valley:
- Highest priced Portola Valley Home Sold: $16,500,000
- Lowest priced Portola Valley Home Sold: $1,5oo,000
- Total number of Portola Valley Homes Sold: 74
Key 2017 real estate market indicators for single family homes based on Multiple Listing Service statistics include:
- Median Price of Homes Sold: $2,800,000
- Average Days on the Market for a Home to Sell: 51 Days
- Sale Price of Home to List Price of Home: 101.3%
Quality of Life
Known locally as an area of natural beauty, Portola Valley’s lifestyle includes a lot of emphasis on outdoor enjoyment.
Here are a few distinctive community features:
- The Windy Hill Open Space Preserve is a popular destination for hikers. Some trails are designated for cyclists, equestrians, or dogs on leashes.
- Bicycling the “Loop” is a favorite activity in Portola Valley.
- Alpine Hills Tennis & Swim Club, Ladera Oaks Swim Tennis and Fitness Club, and the Ladera Recreation District (open to residents and non-residents) offer a wide array of classes and outdoor activities in close proximity.
- Portola Valley residents support and take great community pride in their outstanding public school district, grades K through 8th
- The Alpine Inn – a local beer garden and hamburger establishment with a colorful history. Known to many locals as “Zotts”, the nickname of the former restaurant name, Rosotti’s.
Contact us to put our knowledge and creativity to work for you!