Menlo Park Homes and Real Estate Sales
The Menlo Park real estate market is diverse in terms of housing prices and styles. There are also a variety of neighborhoods, some under the jurisdiction of the County of San Mateo, while others are incorporated within the City of Menlo Park; and there are five different public school districts that serve Menlo Park. When considering the purchase or sale of a home in Menlo Park, it’s important to understand these nuances and how they affect property values and quality of life.
With over 30 years each of residential sales experience, all of it actively working in Menlo Park, we are uniquely qualified to share insights so that you are prepared to make informed decisions about the purchase or sale of a Menlo Park home.
Real Estate Market Facts
The real estate market is fast moving and offers a wide variety of price ranges presenting options for prospective home buyers. Multiple Listing Service statistics for 2016 report:
- Highest priced Menlo Park single family home sold: $7,750,000
- Lowest priced Menlo Park single family home sold: $512,000
Key first half 2017 real estate market indicators for single family homes based on Multiple Listing Service statistics include:
- Median Price of Homes Sold: $2,135,000
- Average Days on the Market for a Home to Sell: 25 Days
- Sale Price of Home to List Price of Home: 104.8%
Condos and townhomes are located throughout the city and offer an option for those who prefer more maintenance-free home ownership. Multiple Listing data reports the following for the year ending 2016:
- Median Price of Condos/Townhomes Sold: $1,267,000
- Average Days on Market for a Condo/Townhome to sell: 25 Days
- Sale Price to List Price Ratio for Condos/Townhomes sold: 101.1%
Prospective Menlo Park homebuyers can be confident that their housing investment will continue to appreciate given the stability of the community and all the wonderful reasons that attract people to it.
In 2006 the Average Sales Price for single family homes was $1,470,106 and in 2016 the average was $2,383,950. For condos and townhouses the Average Sales Price in 2006 was $845,055 compared to $1,348,222 in 2016!
Quality of Life
Menlo Park is an idyllic community with something for everyone which is why so many people love to call this city “home”! Here are some of the community distinctions:
- A current creative initiative within the City of Menlo Park is known as “Menlo Park Loves Kids”, built on the work of a group of parents with students at Hillview Middle School. The program encourages businesses and organizations to show their support for community youth so that all kids feel safe and welcome.
- The Menlo Park Elementary School District and the Las Lomitas Elementary School District are among the most outstanding Bay Area public elementary school districts.
- Home to some of the Bay Area’s finest private schools including Menlo School, Phillips Brooks, Sacred Heart, Saint Raymond’s and Nativity.
- Prominent venture capital firms and proximity to Stanford University attract some of the world’s most entrepreneurial people.
- Picturesque tree-lined streets provide the backdrop for well-maintained homes.
- Beautiful city parks including Bedwell Bayfront Park with access to the Baylands and Burgess Park with its skateboard area, the Arrillaga Family Recreation Center and the Burgess pool.
- Community traditions like Summer Concerts in the Park, Connoisseur’s Marketplace, and the Sidewalk Fine Arts Festival.
- Food Truck Night at the Willows Market brings out the community.
- A downtown of just a few blocks with everything you need: grocery stores, pharmacy, restaurants, hardware store, a spice store and even a touch of Paris at Mademoiselle Collette!
- Home of Facebook!
Contact us to put our knowledge and creativity to work for you!