Los Altos Homes and Real Estate Sales
The Los Altos real estate market is moving briskly!
Few Peninsula homes are found in cities that are as attractive as Los Altos with its charming downtown area with favored hometown merchants and inviting sidewalk cafes. Locals call it “The Village” and the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming.
No matter your housing preference, Los Altos offers single family detached homes, condos and townhomes and a variety of architectural styles. Neighborhoods are largely characterized by ranch-style homes, but turn-of-the-century classic homes are found in “old-town” that borders Lincoln Park. As Los Altos attracts new homebuyers, many are choosing to replace existing ranches and build new homes with a variety of architectural styles.
Whether you are buying or selling a home, knowing and understanding market conditions will allow you to make quick and informed decisions that are necessary in order to successfully navigate the residential sale process.
Real Estate Facts
Some key market indicators through 2016 for Los Altos Single Family Homes are:
- Highest priced Los Altos Home Sold: $7,500,000
- Lowest priced Los Altos Home Sold: $1,075,000
- Total number of Los Altos Homes Sold: 261
Key real estate market indicators for first half of 2017 include:
- Median Price of Homes Sold: $2,975,000
- Average Days on Market for a Home to Sell: 17 Days
- Sale Price of Home to List Price of Home: 106.7%
Statistics for Condominiums and Townhouses for 2016 are:
- Median Price of Condos/Townhomes Sold: $1,430,000
- Average Days on Market for a Condo/Townhome to Sell: 14 Days
- Sale Price to List Price ratio for Condos/Townhomes Sold: 101.7%
Property values in Los Altos have risen steadily over the years. In 2006 the Average Price of Homes Sold was $1,777,825 compared to $2,882,837 in 2016.
Above numbers are based on Multiple Listing Service data.
Quality of Life
There are many reasons that the local residents call Los Altos “home”:
- Wide, tree-lined streets, perfect for walking and bike riding
- Village-like downtown area with favored merchants, restaurants and cafes
- Children love the many public parks, exploring the nearby creeks and experiencing the Redwood Grove.
- Teens gather at the “hangout” known as The Underground, and the popular LAYC (pronounced “lacy”) dances.
- The whole family can enjoy the nearby Rancho San Antonio Open Space with its trails and breath taking views of the western hills and the San Francisco Bay. A key attraction within the park is Deer Hollow Farm where children can learn about farm animals, gardening/farming, and the environment.
- The exceptional public school system.
A “priceless” quality of owning a home in Los Altos is the benefit of living in such a family-friendly community that has a “hometown” feeling. Children look forward to “Trick-or-Treating” along the downtown streets and two beloved community events are the annual Pet and the Festival of Lights Parades enthusiastically supported by local families and merchants.
Contact us to put our knowledge and creativity to work for you!