Los Altos Hills Homes and Real Estate Sales
Los Altos Hills is known for its commitment to being a strictly residential community. Homeowners appreciate their large lots, generally an acre, and a variety of architectural styles. There are no condominiums or townhouses within the town.
The town is considered highly desirable and the real estate market’s performance is impressive!
Real Estate Market Facts
Multiple Listing Service statistics for 2016 report:
- Highest priced Los Altos Hills Home Sold: $16,500,000
- Lowest priced Los Altos Hills Home Sold: $1,801,000
- Total number of Los Altos Hills Homes Sold: 98
Key 2016 real estate market indicators include:
- Median Price of Homes Sold: $3,862,500
- Average Days on the Market for a Home to Sell: 52 Days
- Sale Price of Home to List Price of Home: 98.1%
Prospective homebuyers can be confident that their housing investment will continue to appreciate given the stability of the community and all the wonderful reasons that attract people to it.
In 2006 the Average Sales Price for single-family homes was $2,729,987 and in 2016 the average was $4,411,691!
Quality of Life
Residents enjoy spacious lots, many with inspiring views of the Bay, western hills or tree-studded valleys. It is a virtual oasis set within one of the most densely populated areas of California, and yet it enjoys easy access to Silicon Valley, San Jose and San Francisco. While it does not have its own public school system, children attend either the highly acclaimed Los Altos or Palo Alto schools, depending on the enrollment area of their home.
Other special aspects of the community are:
- Open Space Preservation, including Byrne preserve along Altamont Road that traverses the ridge of Los Altos Hills. Bucolic views of rolling hills and horses grazing are delightful.
- The unique pathway system of about 85 miles that meanders around the town, connecting most of the community.
- Proximity to downtown Los Altos.